Alaina Lockhart

Your member of parliament for

Fundy Royal

Alaina Lockhart

Your member of parliament for

Fundy Royal


Information for Residents Affected by Flooding

Emergency Assistance

Call 9-1-1 to report a fire, a crime or to save a life only.

When notifying emergency services of your location, provide the municipality, exact street or civic address, and nearest intersection.

If You are Self Evacuating

Residents who are self-evacuating are asked to register with the Canadian Red Cross by calling 1-800-863-6582.

Police Departments

  • New Brunswick RCMP: 1-888-506-RCMP (7267)
  • Kennebecasis Regional Police Force: 506-847-6300

Fire Departments

  • Alma: 887-6126
  • Belleisle Valley: 485-2594
  • Cambridge Narrows: 488-2274
  • Chipman: 339-6773
  • Coles Island: 362-2183
  • Cumberland Bay: 339-5699
  • Elgin: 756-8449
  • Hammond Jeffries: 433-4627
  • Hampton: 832-6475
  • Havelock: 534-8206
  • Hillsborough: 734-7005
  • Kennebecasis Valley: 848-6604
  • Millstream: 433-6329
  • Nauwigewauk: 832-7327
  • Norton: 839-3011
  • Peninsula (Kingston): 763-2226
  • Penobsquis: 432-6604
  • Petitcodiac: 756-3140
  • Riverside-Albert: 882-3021
  • Riverview: 387-2201
  • Salisbury: 372-5466
  • Martins: 833-2015
  • Sussex: 432-4542
  • Upham: 832-5838

New Brunswick Emergency Measures Organization (EMO)


Environmental Emergencies


River Information Line


Road Reports


General Inquiries


Road Closures and Travel Advisories


  • 511 within New Brunswick
  • 1-800-561-4063 outside of New Brunswick


Canadian Red Cross

Residents who are affected by flood water and do not have access to alternative accommodations (neighbours, friends or family) can contact the Canadian Red Cross at 1-800-863-6582. They will provide assistance.

NB Power

If residents see water encroaching on their property and are concerned about potential power outages, or if they wish to have their power disconnected before flooding occurs, they can contact NB Power at 1-800-663-6272.

Help with Stress

It is normal for residents to feel anxious about their own safety during an emergency situation, even if they are not directly affected. People react in different ways to stressful events. It is important for residents experiencing stress to talk about their feelings of sorrow, anger, and other strong emotions.

If in crisis, there are several 24-hour emergency numbers that are available to help, including CHIMO helpline (1-800-667-5005); Tele-Care (811); and Kids Help Phone (1-800-668-6868).

Report Damages

Residents can report damages related to the current spring freshet by calling 1-888-298-8555 or by registering damages online.

Service New Brunswick TeleServices line will be available to receive calls between 8 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. from Monday to Friday and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.

The Damage Report Line program will allow residents, tenants, small businesses and not-for profit organizations to receive information and register their flood-related damage with a single phone call.

The damage assessments will be reviewed and health and safety inspection teams may be dispatched if required.


Village of Alma

  • Phone: 506-887-6123
  • Facebook: @AlmaVillage
  • Website

Town of Hampton

  • Phone: 506-832-6065
  • Facebook: @HamptonNB
  • Website

Village of Hillsborough

  • Phone: 506-734-3733
  • Facebook: @VillageOfHillsborough
  • Website

Village of Norton

Village of Petitcodiac


Public sand and bags are available for residents affected by rising water levels. It is located at the Works Garage on Civic Drive (beside Walter Jewett Field).

Village of Riverside-Albert

  • Phone: 506-882-3022
  • Facebook: Riverside-Albert Village
  • Website

Town of Riverview

  • Phone: 506-387-2020
  • Facebook: @TownofRiverview
  • Website

Village of Salisbury

  • Phone: 506-372-3230
  • Facebook: Village of Salisbury
  • Website

Village of St. Martins

  • Phone:
  • Facebook: @VillageofSt.Martins
  • Website


  • Phone: 506-432-4540
  • Facebook: @townofsussex
  • Website

Village of Sussex Corner

  • Phone: 506-433-5184
  • Facebook: @ VillageofSussexCorner
  • Website

Advice for flooded basements

People are advised to be cautious when pumping water out of their basements. Pumping it out too soon could cause structural damage or collapse the basement. As a safety precaution, basement water levels should not be more than 30 centimetres (one foot) lower than the outside water level.

The following links provide information useful to residents impacted by flooding:

Disaster Financial Assistance

The Province of New Brunswick’s recovery program will allow residents to receive information and register their flood-related damage with a single telephone call, and will put health and safety inspection teams in contact with residents in the flood-affected areas to allow them to return to their homes more quickly.

Registering with SNB at 1-888-298-8555 is the first step in the recovery process, which includes three elements:

  • Complementary assistance, including water and electrical testing to ensure safety.
  • Health and safety inspections, to assess damage and determine what repairs are required for residents to safely return to their homes.
  • Disaster financial assistance, which may be available to assist in covering eligible costs of repairs.