We are seeking a dynamic individual to join our team in the office of Member of Parliament Alaina Lockhart. This is an ideal position for a recent university or college graduate as this job will provide opportunities to enhance communications and community engagement skills. The individual will work closely with our team to build engagement amongst our constituents throughout Fundy Royal. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator, enjoys interacting with the public, has a knowledge of local issues and has a passion for Atlantic and rural Canada.
A significant part of the work will be community engagement—connecting people and organizations in Fundy Royal with programs and services offered by the Government of Canada. On the ground public engagement will take place at community events and festivals, such as farmers’ markets, music festivals and community celebration days.
The position will also involve writing and other communications tasks, focused on digital media and traditional media.
- Knowledge of Fundy Royal and key stakeholders;
- Highly organized with strong administrative skills and ability to multi-task;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Works efficiently under pressure and in a fast-paced environment;
- Able to work collaboratively in a team environment;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent understanding of social media platforms;
- Understanding of Canada’s Parliamentary system and Federal Government Programs, an asset
- Valid Drivers License
- Must be available to work weekends and evenings.
- Bilingualism is an asset but not required
Submissions will be accepted until May 10th. 2018.
Please send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary will commensurate with experience.